So then, who is exactly like me with their talc powdered colour skin? I've been wondering around hopelessly trying to find a snow like foundation to stop myself from looking either yellow or the ever so popular 'sunkissed' look which I'm really not so sure on. Either way enough goings on, I've found a solution rather than overloading on Halloween white face paint every year to slick on my skin every morning and easily looking like one the Addams family (which isn't really a issue) it is the one and only.....DAINTY DOLL! Lets take a second to clap for the wonderful fellow fair skinned beauty, Nicola Roberts. This small yet highly varied range really is the light at the end of a long and winding foundation tunnel.
However, as its such a specific type of make up and branded and designed by a British pop star, it does come with a pretty hefty price tag, as I'm normally used to a pretty average £12-15 pound price range for a foundation which is probably the most expensive for drug store foundations. I chose to buy two staple things every girl needs, foundation and concealer, which in total came to £36 ( a pretty average amount for a lot of higher end beauty junkies ) however being a student and my life mostly being spent on pens and sketch books (sigh) this really was a splurge.
Place of purchase- Boots Coventry city centre.
Price- £22
The foundation colour I chose was 002 light which is one of four shades of foundation ranging from very light to dark. However being specifically for pale skin the dark is still in the pale region.
I found the box packaging with the very uncanny illustration of Nicola herself highly eye catching and quite cute. I was highly impressed with how sleek and different it looked to a lot of make up brands, very edgy. However soon to be highly disappointed with the actual foundation tube, firstly, on a positive side it had a pump which was very handy for quickness and less unneeded usage. But the packaging is plastic and black matte which I find quite cheap looking and easily prone to dirt similar to products from NARS. Whilst swatching I thought the plastic packaging was just for a tester, much to my disappointed self it was the actual package.
The consistency is quite dewy and thick, although I thought being such a light shade it would be quite thin and streaky, but it wasn't which was a nice surprise. I do find this foundation very impossible to blend with my usual brush (real techniques buffing brush) so it was easier to warm it with my fingertips and apply with my hands which was quite messy. I didn't think the coverage was as good simply for how light the colour is, although, with the concealer on top you really don't need much more coverage but after five or six wears it was easily buildable. I liked how this didn't completely cover my face features, such as freckles and beauty marks as I like that look on me with my red hair and lips.
Lasting power; I don't think this really is a lasting foundation, it acts as highlighter as well as foundation so It definitely means you don't need added face products which is always a plus point. Overall I think this product is a good start for our pale skinned selves however I don't think this is the end, I think this is good start for a up and coming revolution to foundation, I would buy this product again however id either use it for really good skin days or nights out as its highlighting and perfect for a dewy glow on the skin. the only main issue is I think that if you're a dry skin sufferer like myself, I'd suggest buying a good old fashioned moisturiser and even primer before using this so it doesn't crack or show any blemishes.
I hope you all enjoyed that lovely long and time consuming review, I just thought I couldn't find a well explained review for Dainty doll brand anywhere, so I thought id give all my fellow pale girls a heads up!
Keep updatfor my Dainty doll concealer hot pour review.
Meg! X



No comments:
Post a Comment